Friday, October 30, 2009

Day 46: In which I congratulate those who have finished and declare my love affair with milk

Firstly, congratulations to the 10 PCPers who finished yesterday. YAY!!!!!

It's been really inspiring and motivating following your progress while I embarked onto the project.

I am now, exactly where you were 45 days ago, which was day 1 for me! That seem like such a long time ago too!

This week has been eventful for me too. I went to American Apparel mid-week and tried on these beauties


I was so shocked when the size I would normally go for (27inch waist) was too roomy and the 24/25 inch waist was a perfect fit. Really, really shocked!

So that was a great boost, although they are stretch jeans so much better accommodating anyway! But I didn’t care about that minor point.

I've a new found love for my jump rope. I've just found such a good rhythm now and I'm able to concentrate easier and I trip up so much less. This week has been such an all round improvement to my workout.

Other news. I rediscovered a love for dried dates, but they must produce SO much sugar during the drying process because I ate two or three in one go the other day and got instant indigestion. So I’m kind of off them again.

It's interesting to see how my body responds to foods that I’ve reintroduced since the PCP. Some things taste better, stronger, more complex. For example since the PCP I have been absolutely in love with milk. I never particularly liked or disliked it before the PCP. But now I absolutely savour the taste and really relish every last drop.

Milk is so underrated!

I L O V E M I L K !!!

Another great thing I use on the PCP are frozen packs of mixed summer fruits; redcurrants, blackberries, blackcurrants and raspberries. The amazing thing about these bags of about 500g is that the flavour and colour of the berries once defrosted are so intense and deep, yet they’re frozen!



They last, well, forever and there like £2 a bag!!!! So much cheaper than a fresh box AND they are locally produced AND they are great thrown in the blender for a quick, beautifully pink smoothie!!!

Or once I even mixed about 2 tablespoons full with honey, mashed, spread on toasted brown bread and put under the grill for a healthy jam!

Just imagine the other things you could do with 'em! Oh the possibilities!!

4 comments:

  1. Haha, I love how much you love milk. It does a body good!

    (P.S. I too have rediscovered dates...delicious!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right you are about frozen fruit! I got into that earlier this Spring, and I've been a fruit smoothie fan all year.

    Thanks again for your curry recipe, Naomi! We made it last night, and it was delish. Plus, plenty of left overs to mix with morning eggs. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take it easy with the dates everyone! I know they're good, you can have as many as you want in 44 days.

    The coolest thing about frozen fruit is that it looses almost none of its nutritional value during the freezing process. It's a real must for wintertime PCPers. Eat away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love frozen fruit, and milk, and wow... love that your jeans are a different size!

    I got stuck the other day and the only milk I could find was a kids organic vanilla flavoured milk. I knew there was some sugar added, but it was at the end of the ingredients list and figured it might be worth a try. I could barely finish it! It was cloyingly sweet. Nope, I want my milk like most things these days... unadulterated.

    Great Job Naomi, keep up the workouts so shopping can continue to be a surprise!

    ReplyDelete