Monday, October 5, 2009

Day 22: Shout out to the veterans!

For my PCP inspirational figure I chose the professional dancer Darcey Bussell.

As a child I wanted to become a professional ballet dancer and I've always admired the way ballet dancers exhibit so much grace and elegance through movement, yet at the same time so much strength and stamina.

At the outset of the PCP, my goal was to combine my yoga practice with the strength training of the PCP to develop the perfect balance of strength and flexibility, just like a ballerina.

I still want to achieve this but at the same time, the more I get into the PCP and the more veteran PCPer's blogs I read, the less motivated I get by my inspirational figure and the more motivated I get by the "regular" people who have completed the PCP and now look amazing.

They are not celebrities or professional athletes or dancers, but real people and they are inspiring because despite the demands of their daily lives, which involve raising families, work commitments and other everyday goings on, they were/are dedicated to achieving exactly what I want to achieve for myself.

And most of them have already done this.

So I've kind of forgotten about Darcey over the few days since starting this.



However I came across this hot chick in one of my boyfriend's graphic novels (yep, geeky) and whoa, would I love to have definition like that!


X-Men, Storm

4 comments:

  1. Gawrsh! I'm blushing!

    I'm right there with you about veteran PCPers being an inspiration. (Shout out to Sean!)

    Nice picture of Storm! (Better than her mohawk days.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naomi, this is a really awesome post. You're right. I've sort of forgotten about my inspiration person too. I really like seeing the transformations in the people I can actually relate to.

    And E, you are definitely one of MY inspirations. You manage to write a blog post every day, and it's totally motivating to see your transformation through your photos. GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love reading the exploits of those who have tackled and conquered this before us. Thanks for reminding us. Ups, downs, and daily grind. They rock.

    Umm... totally have a thing for Storm! Especially that version. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The motivation person is just a visual cue that you see each time you see your banner and an example of someone who has made the choices you are making now. You're right, the real heroes are the regular people who keep it all together with the pressures of job, family, and the real world.

    Every time you nail the diet and rock the workout, you're taking a step towards Storm.

    ReplyDelete