Tuesday, September 22, 2009

DAY 8: So I got what I asked for, didn't I?



Well, I ended last week wanting to eat more and now. Week two of the PCP and I've clearly got what I asked for, with Patrick telling me to eat two eggs a day (!!!), together with my quota of veg and carbs., and that's just breakfast!

Will this change everyday or am I literally meant to eat 14 eggs every single week for the next 3 months???

Looking at my PCP diet, kind of freaks me out, because there's SO much there and I've quite got used to eating my small portions.

Breakfast was delicious today and despite my egg calculation earlier, I didn't actually eat any eggs for breakfast because I had none. Woopsee! But I've got some now for tomorrow and ever after, so don't worry Patrick!



So breakfast (obviously short of the two wonderful obligatory eggs) included two slices of wholemeal toast, with half an avocado chopped and spread on top, together with fried tomatoes (in 1/2 tsp olive oil). The important bit is that the tomatoes were sprinkled with paprika, black pepper and my special ingredient, which will be my personal substitute for salt from here on;cumin seeds. Yum!

Lunch, in which I needed 130g fish (130grams!!!) was a light tortilla filled with;

1 can of tuna
1/2 tbsp chopped parsley
2 tbsp spoons fat free Greek yoghurt
loads and loads of lemon juice to keep the mix moist
The other half of this morning's avocado
1 tomato
Season with paprika, black pepper and, of course cumin seeds.

Et voila.....



Dinner tonight's going to be harder with friends coming round, so I'm going to have to seriously adapt my parmesan crusted haddock and crispy roasted potatoes, so that I don't bodge up the diet on day 1 of trying it. And obviously, no alcohol *sigh*

Exercise was definitely taken up a notch today, but I really enjoyed it and ended with some simple, calming poses and pranayama.

So, I've already identified where I'm going to have the most problem; I know that I'm going to crave for condiments most to begin with.

I love ketchup and chilli sauce and horse-radish sauce and tartar sauce. But most of all, I really do love ketchup.

One saving grace is that I'm allowed my balsmic vinegar which works perfectly with all vegetables and salads, and even fruits..Seriously, try it drizzled over some strawberries! It really brings the sweetness out.

Anyway, my plan to avoid going without ketchup for 90 days; I'm setting myself the task of perfecting a wholly natural, fat-free, salt-free, sugar-free home-made PCP-friendly ketchup! Yay!!

So get your orders in!

6 comments:

  1. Great post, Naomi!

    Glad to be back to full (and WOW are they BIG) meals. I'm totally going to try your lunch tortilla this week. Isn't greek yogurt the most amazing stuff?

    Share that PCP ketchup recipe when you've got it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your menu portions will change every week, so don't worry about being stuck with the same thing for the entire program.

    As for the eggs, get use to them. They will be your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Naomi,

    Awesome food menu. Today I had to "cheat" abit since I did not have my shopping act together.

    Sign my up for the "crack" ketchup too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seeing as how ketchup, after tomatoes, is just sugar and salt, I'm eager to see how sugar and salt free ketchup will work. I like the stuff too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. O ye of little faith Partick!

    ReplyDelete