Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Day 71: The Muscle Wall

Oh my goodness!

What is it with this week and the end of last week?

This week and the end of last week seem like a major milestone for my body. I'm finding this week more challenging than any other during the PCP so far.



All of the muscles in my body feel worked to the core. In fact the first thing I feel when I wake up in the morning is muscle soreness. Everywhere.

I've never experienced that on the PCP to date. This week and last seems to have jumped up a few notches in intensity.

My calf muscles are dying! I've resided to walking without bending my knee!!

I can't get out of bed in the mornings. My muscles seem heavy and dense, my body won't let me leave my warm sheets behind. I've never had problems getting out of bed before.

My muscles are stronger than my will right now!


I'm sweating more post workout.

My pre-workout motivation is slacking, which normally takes place in bed as I contempate my alarm snoozer button, and since my muscles are sore first thing too, I'm not surprised by the lack of motivation.

My body feels tired. Shelly seemed to have this last week too.

What's going on with my body??

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there, Naomi! Patrick says we'll bounce back this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, the snooze button contemplation is all too familiar.

    Reading your post, I have a vision of the regular joe suddenly changing into his superhero alterego for the first time. The unexpected transformation is sending him into exhaustion and then BAM! He's all muscles and power and energy. Off to save the day!

    ReplyDelete